The ecological stabling alternative
Bamboo stable planks are an ecological alternative to wood. MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is heavy, weighing up to 71.9lbs/ft3 /1150 kg/m3 and very solid, making them a perfect choice for demanding applications such as horse stables.
Very dense, hard and stable
Solid High Density® bamboo boards are made from compressed bamboo fibers. This unique compression process ensures very dense, hard, and stable planks. MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is available in many options: closed with a ventilation hole, square with a round head, etc. In addition to standard size planks, custom dimensions are available on request.
MOSO® offers 2 different types of horse stable planks:
- Bamboo E-quine Chocolate is suitable for outdoor use because of the patented Thermo-Density® production process. The bamboo fibers are compressed and heat treated. These boards come in a beautiful dark chocolate color.
- Bamboo E-quine Caramel is suitable for covered or indoor stables. This material is not recommended for outdoor use because the bamboo is not treated following the Thermo-Density® process. These boards have a warm brown color.
The main reasons for choosing MOSO® Bamboo E-quine stable planks are:
- MOSO® Bamboo E-quine has many ecological advantages. Bamboo stems are harvested after just five years, and the plant continues to grow after harvesting. Further, unlike hardwoods, there is no clearcutting involved and the bamboo is proven CO2 neutral.
- MOSO® Bamboo E-quine is made of compressed bamboo fibers instead of solid wooden planks, resulting in a material that is much more stable and stronger than wood.
- From experience we know that horses are less likely to display cribbing (crib biting) behavior with stalls constructed from MOSO® Bamboo E-quine material.
MOSO has commissioned Delft University of Technology to execute an official LCA... more about CO2 neutral bamboo
Contribution LEED & BREEAM
Additional credits for the leading green building certification programs... more about bamboo and LEED & BREEAM
Fire safety - Class A (ASTM E84) Class B-s1-d0 (EN 13501-1)
The fire safety of products can be classified ranging from... more about bamboo and fire safety
Durability - Class 1
Bamboo outdoor material with durability class 1 (European norm 350) tested following CEN/TS 15083-1...more about bamboo durability
Indoor emissions - E1
For a healthy indoor climate it is important that products used indoors have very low emissions... more about bamboo indoor emissions
FSC®-certified (on request)
FSC® is globally recognized as the best and most stringent sustainable forestry certification... more about FSC®-certified bamboo